One-Hit Wonders of Electronic Pop
Richard Evans, author of Listening to the Music the Machines Make, has picked out 10 one-hit wonders which shaped the course of electronic pop.
- Hot Butter - Popcorn (1972)
- Can - I Want More (1976)
- Telex - Rock Around The Clock (1979)
- Laurie Anderson - O Superman (1981)
- Trio - Da Da Da (1982)
- Tyrone Brunson - The Smurf (1982)
- The Assembly - Never Never (1983)
- Freur - Doot Doot (1983)
- Steve 'Silk' Hurley - Jack Your Body (1987)
- M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up The Volume (1987)
You can find the mix as a playlist on Spotify by clicking here and on YouTube by clicking here.
SPIN Magazine recently published an article about Listening to the Music the Machines Make, describing it as follows: